Monday, March 31, 2008

ReInventing - Sdra Koh Tsu Koon

I believe that as a member of Gerakan, I should observe some basis discipline and not discuss internal party matter on public domain. Yet, I felt I need to share my thought on Tsu Koon especially with the different political scenario of today.

In the early 90s, I met KTK the first time when I was a member of a local youth leadership NGO. He came about as a nice, humble person and a man of integrity. But, even though he was already the Chief Minister, he didn't impress me as a great leader. He was more like a scholar.

I felt thru his words and deeds that he lack the capability and the vision to further transform Penang into an examplery state. I always felt KTK leadership will eventually failed Gerakan.

My wife use to ask me why you are always grumble about KTK. My standard reply was that he is a nice man but an unsuitable political leader. His leadership style will only manage to sustain and maintain Penang development or at best improve it slightly.

She couldn't understand/visualize this. Two years ago, she was transfer to a new position in her company. My wife started to travel oversea especially to Singapore and China. Now, she understand my feeling about KTK. Her exposure to the development in the other countries startled her. She was amaze at the development of those countries especially Singapore that she visited while young and recall at that time Singapore & Penang were at par. Now, it is like comparing Heaven & Earth.

The March 8 “Tsunami” seem to confirm what I had always felt.

In the aftermath of PRU12, Gerakan is in the midst of reconsolidating and soon will chart its future direction. It seem that the general opinion of members after numerous briefings and meetings is to allow KTK to spearhead the changes, at least for the interim period before the next presidential election.

The question that bother me the most is whether KTK can "reinvent" himself to lead us during this difficult period?

There are those who believe great leaders are born, I am one of them. I doubt KTK will be able to change his leadership style to suit this "War" time, but yet I sincerely hope Tsu Koon will prove me and those who share my opinion wrong!!!

Prove us wrong!!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

重创- Sdra酸值Tsu Koon

I相信作为Gerakan的成员,我应该观察一些依据学科和不讨论在公共领域的内部党事。 然而,我感到我需要特别是与另外政治情景今天分享我的在Tsu Koon的想法。
当我是地方青年领导NGO的成员在20世纪90年代初,我第一次遇见了KTK。 他出现作为一个好,谦逊的人和正直的一个人。 但是,即使他已经是首要大臣,他没有打动我作为一位了不起的领导。 他是更多象学者。

I通过他的言行感觉他缺乏能力和视觉进一步变换槟榔岛成examplery状态。 我总是感到KTK领导将最终出故障的Gerakan。

My妻子用途问我您为什么总是关于KTK的埋怨。 我的标准回复是他是一个好人,但是一个不合适的政治领导。 他的领导风格只将设法承受和维护槟榔岛发展或最好有一点改进它。

She不能了解或形象化此。 二年前,她是调动到一个新的位置在她的公司中。 我的妻子开始特别是到新加坡和中国旅行国外。 现在,她了解我的关于KTK的感觉。 她的对发展的暴露在其他国家使她震惊。 她是惊奇在那些国家特别是新加坡的发展她参观了,当年轻人并且那时召回新加坡时&槟榔岛在同水准。 现在,它是象比较天堂&地球。

The 3月8日“Tsunami”似乎证实什么我总是感觉。
在PRU12, Gerakan后的是在reconsolidating中间和很快绘制它的前途图表。 看起来成员一般观点在许多简报和会议以后的是允许KTK带领变动,至少在期中在下总统选举之前。
打扰我的The问题最是KTK在这个困难的期间,是否可能“重创”他自己带领我们?

There是相信的那些人了不起的领导出生,我是他们中的一个。 我怀疑KTK能改变他的领导风格适合这“战争”时间,但是,我恳切地希望Tsu Koon将证明分享我的观点错误!!的我和那些人!

Prove错误我们!!!

Anonymous said...

because English not so good ..
:) then use 翻译 by yahoo 。。。:)

耕心田 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
耕心田 said...

Excuse Me Sir, it's a badly structured chinese article which does not make sense.